2019 Open Auditions In Dallas TX
Held on March 30th & 31st, 2019.
Age requirement: Age 55 and over
Results: 190 performers auditioned: 66 Vocalists; 65 Dancers; 25 Specialty Acts and 34 Showgirls.
These are the performers we were looking for....
- Specialty Acts
What we will be looking for next year...
(individual singers auditioning for solos or vocal ensemble)
Please be prepared with your favorite audition song. Provide your own CD accompaniment or sheet music.
(Individuals auditioning for solo or dance ensemble)
Dance Ensemble: A dance combination will be taught and music will be provided.
Solo Dancer: Please provide your own CD or sheet music.
(More than one person performing a song/dance or special type of act [magician, comic, ventriloquist, sword swallower, Impersonations]
Please provide your own CD or sheet music.
Please wear leotard, heels and tights. Must be able to walk, turn, pose and
navigate stairs (stairs will be provided at audition) with poise and confidence.
Selection of 2019 showgirls will be determined by an independent panel of judges not affiliated with the Follies creative team.
Auditions / Casting Call Location
Please keep checking for next year's audition dates.
United Disciples Christian Church
601 E Main Street, Richardson, TX 75081
(We are a secular show and not affiliated with the church and welcome everyone.)
Audition Day Procedure:
1. Pick up proper forms at the first table. If auditioning for more than one type of act, you'll need a separate form for
2. After you pick up forms, proceed to photographer for head shot. You may bring your own current headshot but we prefer you get one taken on site. The photo is for identification purposes only. You will need a separate photo each type of act you audition for.
3. Take form and head shot to waiting room to complete all paperwork.
4. Bring completed paperwork with headshot to appropriate table in lobby.
At that time you will be assigned a number for your audition.
5. Take your number and return to the waiting room until you are called for your audition. You will not be allowed to wait in the lobby.
Keep in mind that the song or dance you perform at the audition may not be used in the actual production. Run of show will be presented to the selected cast at a later date at the Follies Orientation Meeting.
The Follies will run 5 performances at the Eisemann Center for Performing Arts in September. Cast members are required to be available for all rehearsals that begin 6 weeks prior to show opening.
We will have piano accompaniment at all auditions.
Saturday, (Keep checkingfor audition date.)
Noon-12:30 (break time)
12:30pm: Dancers (solo/ensemble)
2:30pm: Specialty Acts
Sunday, (Keep checkingfor audition date.)
1pm: Specialty Acts
2pm: Dancers (solo/ensemble)
4pm: All Showgirl Auditions
Upon arrival, you will be given forms to fill out and photo head shots taken before you audition for the creative team. There will be space available for props, costumes, etc. at the church.
For more information, contact: