My professional career began in modern and classical dance with the Jose Limon Youth Company and The Harkness Ballet in NYC.
In NYC, I studied acting with Mary Tarcai (Stanislavski) and Fred Kareman ((Meisner Technique, Neighborhood Playhouse) Voice with Sylvia Sirlya of the Metropolitan Opera and the famous Keith Davis.
But mostly my training came from the practical experience of performing on Broadway for 18 years, in many original Broadway Musicals.
Michael is also the Musical Theatre Program Director for KD College Conservatory of Film and Dramatic Arts in Dallas.
Biography / Perfomance
- The Rothschilds
- The Selling of the President
- Lady Audley’s Secret
- A Chorus Line
- Sing Happy!
- Chita Plus Two
- Hello Dolly! Two by Two
- Rudy Gulianni Building Sustaining Communities (Director).
- Music Man
- Guys and Dolls Theatre Three
- Beguiled Again
- The Roads to Home.
- Some Enchanted Evening
- Theatre Three
- A Class Act
- Seven Keys to Baldpate
- I'll Leave it to You
- You're a Good Man Charlie Brown
- The Full Monty
- The Light in the Piazza
- The Drowsy Chaperone
- Nine, the Musical
- Contemporary Theatre of Dallas
- On Golden Pond
- Brighton Beach Memoirs
- Theatre Arlington
- Moonlight and Magnolias
- Almost Maine.
- WaterTower Theatre
- It's a Wonderful Life
- New York Drama Desk Award, ACL.
- New York Theatre World Award, ACL
- Special Tony Award Recognition, ACL
- MAC Award
- Chita Plus Two
- Pageant - Best Director of a Musical
- A Class Act - Best Director of a Musical and Best Choreography
- The Full Monty - Best Director of a Musical and Best Choreography
- Nine, the Musical - Best Director of a Musical and Best Choreography
- The Drowsy Chaperone - Best Director of a Musical and Best Choreographer
- Moonlight and Magnolias - Rabin Nomination
- The Great American Trailer Park Musical, Choreography.